Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beyond ABC's

I am constantly amazed by the things LP comes home from school talking about. A couple of weeks ago it was the painting Starry Night by "Visent Vango". After learning about about the painting, each child painted their own version of it. I cannot wait for LP to bring hers home. Yesterday she taught me about the water cycle, I want to try to get her to tell me about it on video because listening to her pronounce evaporation, condensation, and precipitation melts my heart a little more each time. Her proudest achievement right now is doing the decimal layout all by herself and getting to ring the bell for doing it right, she is counting by 1's, 10's, 100's and 1000's. 

2 comments:

Alana Goldstein said...

it blows your mind what they absorb there right? and the big thing is they love it! i remember the decimal layout...i watched bp do it one day and the pride when she rang the bell and all her classmates stopped what they were doing to congratulate her. "ths" is a very special place... glad you guys are a part of it!

Buby + Bleu said...

Love this post! Very cool.