Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ballet and Jazz

Ready for dance class

LP had her first official dance class today. She actually went last week to try it out, and spent all week doing the portion of the jazz dance that she remembered. She definitely wanted to go back, so we signed her up today.

I love the fact that her class is so small, last week she was 1 of 4, today she was 1 of 3. She is also the youngest in the class and really looks up to the big girls (all of 5 years old) and takes behavior cues from them. She is much more involved than she was in her last session of Little Gym, I think this is going to be great for her.

ready for ballet to start

The class actually started in September and they have been working on the recital routines since then, so she has a lot of catching up to do. But she already knows about 1/3 of the jazz routine, so she may actually get to perform in the recital in June if they can reorder costumes in time.

It always amazes me how environment changes perception. Once she was in her tights and leotard with her hair in a bun, I wanted to cry. She looked so much older, I felt like I was looking at a 7 year old. But when I slipped in at the end of class to catch the last couple of minutes and saw her standing in line between the other girls she looked like such a baby again. I'm trying to keep that image in my head, she is growing up on me too fast.

showing me part of the jazz routine?

4 comments:

Jumpin J's Mom said...

Oh that just made me tear up! Love you LP!!!

Alana Goldstein said...

So funny...we are on the same schedule I guess? I just posted about BP's first ballet class. You are right LP looks SO much older. Looks like she had a great time.

Buby + Bleu said...

Beautiful photo! She does look older here. The bun definitely matures her. She always seems naturally graceful and light on her feet... and I know she has an amazing memory. So I bet she'll catch up super fast.

Corie said...

What a pretty lil tiny dancer you have!
I bet she has so much fun!!!