Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Homemade Popsicles

Here are some other popsicles that I would like to try making, I think I would enjoy having one of these with Lilypad Princess.

We made mango popsicles when Alessandro came for dinner, and he really seemed to enjoy them. I didn't get a chance to try it, LP took the popsicle mold out of the freezer and it melted before I got to try one. But I will make them again, I just used frozen mango chunks from Trader Joe's, a little water, and liquified it in the food processor.

I found these recipes here, I think I'm going to start with the strawberry-orange-mint ones.

Strawberry Orange Mint Popsicles - 1 pound of fresh strawberries, 1 cup orange juice, a few sprigs of mint

Pineapple Cinnamon Popsicles - 3 cups of pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Honeydew Basil Popsicles - 4 cups of honeydew melon cubes, 1/2 cup frozen lemonade (or squeeze fresh lemons and add water on your own), 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves

Blueberry Apple Popsicles - 3 cups of blueberries, 2 cups of apple juice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homemade popsicles are so much better and less expensive than the stuff you can find in the freezer aisle of the grocery store.

I made watermelon popsicles with Princess this weekend and she loved both making and eating them. I bet basil would have been good with them.

The strawberry orange mint sounds like a great combo I may have to try sometime.

allison said...

Pineapple cinnamon sounds delicious. Let me know if you make them.

Lily Pad Nana said...

just copied these recipes. I can't wait to try them.

Thanks, Mom