Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lilypad Likes: Knuffle Bunny Books


Since Lilypad Princess was going to be home sick, I ran to the library on my way for her medicine to pick up some new books. Two of the books I brought home were Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale and Knuffle Bunny: A Case of Mistaken Identity.

Both books star Trixie and her Knuffle Bunny and the trials that Trixie goes through when Knuffle Bunny is forgotten or switched. The first book features a young toddler Trixie, who hasn't learned to talk yet and struggles to tell her dad that Knuffle Bunny has been left behind at the laundromat. In the second book, Trixie has definitely learned to talk, and takes Knuffle Bunny to pre-K with her, where he is accidentally switched with another Knuffle Bunny.

Printed on olive-green backdrops, the illustrations are a combination of muted, sepia-toned photographs of a Brooklyn neighborhood upon which bright cartoon drawings of people have been superimposed. Lilypad Dad loved these books just as much as Lilypad Princess and I did. We are definitely going to have these to our permanent library.


Book image from Amazon.com

1 comment:

allison said...

I just love Knuffle Bunny! I think I wrote about it last March or April. I'll have to go back and check. I think the illustrations are just so clever! Good pick.