Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Germs on my toothbrush

Did you know that your toothbrush is home to millions of bacteria and viruses and that bacteria can double in just 20 minutes? Yuck!

I got a new package in the mail today, and I can't believe that I am this excited about it. It is the new UV Sanitizer from Sonicare. Lilypad dad and I each have a Sonicare toothbrush and love them, you can really feel the difference from a regular toothbrush. Lilypad Dad couldn't believe it when his first dentist appointment after getting the Sonicare toothbrush was the first appointment he didn't have a cavity.

This new sanitizer uses UV light to kill 99% of the bacteria and viruses that can live and multiply on your toothbrush. The thought of all those things living on my toothbrush that goes back into my mouth each day makes me queasy. But now all we have to do is put the brush heads in, close the door and push the button. Ten minutes later I have a nice clean brush that stays clean in the sanitizer until I'm ready to use it again.

So far I really like it. There was no set up other than plugging it in. The magnets in the base hold the brush heads in place well, and it looks like it will be easy to clean. The only thing that I don't like, although it doesn't really matter now, is that it only holds 2 brush heads. If you want to store your brush in it to keep it clean in between brushings, you would have to have more than one of sanitizer if there are more than 2 people in your family. Right now that isn't a problem because Lilypad Princess is too young for a Sonicare, but as soon as she's old enough we are going to get her a Sonicare toothbrush as well. I'll post a follow-up report in a couple of weeks to let you know if I still like the UV Sanitizer after daily use.

I got the sanitizer through BzzAgent. BzzAgent is an online word of mouth community. They send you products to try out, then you pass along the bzzz about them to people you know that you think would be interested. They have also given me coupons (or maybe they are rebate forms, I don't have it in frontof me right now), so if anyone has a Sonicare (or is getting one which I highly recommend!) or certain Oral-B brushes and is interested in the sanitizer, let me know and I'll mail you a coupon for it!

Also, if anyone is interested in joining BzzAgent, just click here to sign up. It's free to join and they will give you options of campaigns to sign up for based on your preferences. So far I've gotten to try Take5 candybars, Royal Velvet towels, Pledge Multi-Use Wipes, the Sonicare toothbrush and now the sanitizer, among other things. It's fun to get to be among the first to get to try new things and tell your family and friends about them when you really like them.

No comments: