Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Excitement at the Lilypad


There was quite a bit of excitement here last night. Luckily Lilypad Dad was actually home last night, he had court yesterday so he did a day tour instead of his normal night shift. We had just gone to bed, he was asleep and I was about to fall asleep. I heard a bang, and our bedroom door (which is never fully closed for the cats) opened and closed like there was a draft. About 2 seconds later I heard our alarm going off.

I woke up Lilypad Dad, he grabbed his gun and went down stairs while calling 911. Someone had pulled the entire screen window out on our porch, and I guess the storm window was still open (we had some nice weather so we had opened it for the cats). The person then put their shoulder into the french doors from the porch into our dining room. I guess the alarm scared him off though, by the time Lilypad Dad got downstairs they were gone.

Lilypad Princess slept though everything, including the cops and the alarm. The cops where here last night, and someone came back this morning to do all the fingerprinting. I am SO glad that he was home last night, I would have freaked out if Lilypad Princess and I were in the house alone. And now I am glad we pay the monthly ADT fee, the alarm is definitely worth it.

8 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Oh no!!! What a nightmare for you guys! Thank God for the alarm and for Mike being home. I cannot even imagine how scared you must've been... or what would've happened if there was an encounter. I'm glad LP slept through. Glad everyone is okay. Maybe they'll work extra hard at catching the guy since it was a cop's house?

allison said...

I can't believe this happened to you. I'm so relieved that you're all okay. How scary. How very, very scary for you guys. I'm so glad LP's Daddy was right there. Wow. What a story.

Wil's Wheels said...

My first time here. Your family is beautiful, and I am glad you're safe.

Courtney said...

Wow, I am so glad to hear that everything worked out fine. Thank goodness for your personal security guard and the alarm.

Alana Goldstein said...

Thank God you are all ok and that Mike was home. What a scary experience!! I hope they catch the person. Any news yet??

Lily Pad Nana said...

Thank you LilyPad dad, for taking good care of my daughter and my grand-daughter. I will never have to worry TOO much because you are there. (But you know that moms have to worry a little :-) Be safe, I love you all, Mom

Ashley said...

Seesh, that's crazy! I really hope they catch whoever it was. I made sure we set out alarm last night too, I've been slacking about it but no more of that.

Jeni said...

I am so glad that everyone is ok and really glad he was home with you guys that night!