Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom

Smile

My mom, my best friend. She has always been there for me, everyday as a little kid, as my excuse to not do something I was afraid to say no to in high school, to help me get ready to leave for college, to take my panicked phone call from Australia, to move me into my first apartment and my first condo, to take care of me when I had my wisdom teeth out, to stand up for me at my wedding, and to be by my side while I was in labor. I would be the woman or the mother I have become without her influence guiding me along the way.

Popsicle from the Ice Cream Truck

She is just as amazing a grandmother as she is a mother. She has infinite patience with LP, reading the same story over and over, playing the same imaginary game, or tolerating LP's first ever temper tantrum (over a dress of course). She strives to make every moment with LP memorable, whether it's a special trip to a museum or zoo or reading her a story over the computer. LP has a wonderful role model to watch and learn from as she grows.

Happy Mother's Day Mom, we cannot wait to see you next week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, We never really know if we're doing it right, we just keep trying to do the right thing. I guess when you do it with love it does work out okay. Hearing you say that it worked is the best gift you could give me.

Thank you.

I love you,
Mom

Buby + Bleu said...

You look so much like your mom here. Beautiful photo.