Wednesday, November 26, 2008

That Mean Sun

Tonight as I was putting LP to bed, we were talking about our plans for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I reminded her that Grandpa, Nannie, and Auntie La would be coming for Thanksgiving dinner and to play for the day, and that Auntie La would be having a slumber party with us. Then LP asked me if Eka would be coming too.

Eka recently had surgery on her eye and wasn't feeling up to making the trip down. So I tried the simple explanation that Eka had a boo-boo in her eye, so she couldn't come this time.

LP: A boo-boo like your foot?
Me: Yes, like my foot has a boo-boo.
LP: How did Eka's eye get a boo-boo?
Me: (not sure how to explain it) Well...
LP: I know, the sun poked her in the eye and gave her a boo-boo. The sun knocked her sunglasses off and then a snake came, Hisssss, and took her glasses. Then she runned all the way to the water, and the sun poked her in the eye.

6 comments:

Betseeee said...

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me!

Jumpin J's Mom said...

Sounds like a good "option" ;)

LilysPopSteve said...

LP -

Nana and I agree that your explanation is better than any of us adults could have created. Please do not ever loose your wonderful way of looking at the world - it teaches all of us something.

We love you,

Nana and Pop-Pop

Buby + Bleu said...

Ha! Love the reasoning, LP.

Unknown said...

I love that story LP ... Maybe you will be an author when you grow up - or even sooner. I bet you have a "Harry Potter" in you just waiting to burst out onto paper ... just as soon as you learn how to write. :-)

With all of my hugs,
from your Nana,
who is full of dreams for you!

Corie said...

That's one way to get a boo boo on your eye!

Don't you just love their imagination???