Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Official.

I'm an adult. You would think that I would have come to this conclusion when I bought my condo, got married, bought our house, or especially when I had a baby. Nope, it became official this week when I was so happy about the plumber coming to fix our shower, and then even more excited when we bought a new cooktop today. Yes, I am giddy about a kitchen appliance.

Now, really I shouldn't be quite this happy that I let Lilypad Dad talk me into purchasing one today. It wasn't quite at the top of our priority list, now that my shower is fixed the guest bathtub and getting the garbage disposal installed were the next two projects on the list. But when he wanted to go look I didn't say no. After all, I almost burned off all my hair and my eyelashes the other night trying to light the left burner. There is almost no control left, I can either have things at a full boil or off, there is no way to get a nice slow simmer anymore. And the burner I prefer to cook on is not always lighting right away, although the gas is flowing, which is how I almost ended up with a new hairstyle from the mini-fireball. Since he did 8.5 hours of OT yesterday which will cover 1/2 of the new stove, and we still have all of the OT coming from his US Open shifts to put towards the other bathroom, I let him place the order. I can't wait to pick it up on Wednesday!

4 comments:

Lily Pad Nana said...

I love it!!!

Happy Cooking Sweeheart...

Happy Eating Michael :-)

Corie said...

That's funny... I wonder what will be my adult defining moment. I haven't really had mine yet. :)

Jumpin J's Mom said...

Yeah for showers and cooktops! I'm not sure if I've had my moment yet. I feel like I've had a couple of little ones but they haven't stuck ;)

Buby + Bleu said...

How fun. Congrats on the new appliance.