Saturday, August 16, 2008

Music, Wine, & Food

Last summer Lilypad Dad and I discovered a beautiful winery not far from the beach house. Every Thursday night they have their Summer Nights Music Series. A picnic, a bottle of wine, and and some music under the stars (or under a tent depending on the weather) is a wonderful way to spend a summer night.

Getting Sleepy

We finally managed to make it one Thursday night. The weather wasn't very nice, so the dance floor and jazz band were set up under a large, white tent. The on again, off again rain apparently kept the majority of people away, but we had a great night. We spread out our blanket right next to the dance floor and enjoyed our picnic while waiting for the music to start. Once the jazz band started, Lilypad Princess hit the dance floor. She quickly made friends with another girl and the two of them ran and danced until the very last song.

Oh yeah, I forgot

Dancing to the music

2 comments:

Corie said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a Thursday.

I miss dancing like a kid.

Buby + Bleu said...

I never did. Dance like a kid. I was too shy before I should've been shy. But one of my greatest joys is watching Buby dance without a care in the world.