Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Survived!

And I'm all in once piece, although quite sore and black and blue.

Lilypad Princess and I got to the pitch a few minutes before the game started. There weren't many alumni, a few canceled at the last minute, so they wanted me to start the game. I not only started, I played the entire game, 2 20 minute halves.

I was thrown right back into the hooker position. There were definitely a few things I've forgotten after 10 years, but alot came right back to me. I tackled and was tackled, got right into some rucks and mauls, and even stole a couple of the scrumdowns. It felt great to be back out there again, although I'd forgotten just how sore my back and shoulders get after multiple scrums.

Lilypad Princess had a great time on the sidelines, cheering me on and playing her own version of rugby with Beth's husband, Dave. I forgot my camera so I don't have any photos to share now, but there were some cameras so hopefully I'll have some soon.

4 comments:

Jumpin J's Mom said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!! J's dad will be very jealous you got to play!!

Blue House Mom said...

You are fantastic! Sounds like you had a great time. Good for you to take on the challenge. I don't know anything about the game, but you make it sound exciting.

Carolyn said...

I am very proud of my daughter.

Leave it to you to be a great Mom and Wife and still have the energy to play a game of rugby.

Sorry I wasn't there to see it.
Wonder if I would still be as scared watching you now....or would I be worse....
Love,
Mom

PumpkinsMom said...

I'm impressed! See, the gym is obviously paying off for you! I'm sure Lilypad Princess had a blast watching as well!