Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Survived!

And I'm all in once piece, although quite sore and black and blue.

Lilypad Princess and I got to the pitch a few minutes before the game started. There weren't many alumni, a few canceled at the last minute, so they wanted me to start the game. I not only started, I played the entire game, 2 20 minute halves.

I was thrown right back into the hooker position. There were definitely a few things I've forgotten after 10 years, but alot came right back to me. I tackled and was tackled, got right into some rucks and mauls, and even stole a couple of the scrumdowns. It felt great to be back out there again, although I'd forgotten just how sore my back and shoulders get after multiple scrums.

Lilypad Princess had a great time on the sidelines, cheering me on and playing her own version of rugby with Beth's husband, Dave. I forgot my camera so I don't have any photos to share now, but there were some cameras so hopefully I'll have some soon.

4 comments:

Jumpin J's Mom said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!! J's dad will be very jealous you got to play!!

allison said...

You are fantastic! Sounds like you had a great time. Good for you to take on the challenge. I don't know anything about the game, but you make it sound exciting.

Unknown said...

I am very proud of my daughter.

Leave it to you to be a great Mom and Wife and still have the energy to play a game of rugby.

Sorry I wasn't there to see it.
Wonder if I would still be as scared watching you now....or would I be worse....
Love,
Mom

PumpkinsMom said...

I'm impressed! See, the gym is obviously paying off for you! I'm sure Lilypad Princess had a blast watching as well!