Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Dinner Conversation

While having dinner at the kitchen table tonight, a beautiful cardinal landed on the bush right outside the window. We watched him fly around the yard for a few minutes. The following conversations went like this.

Lilypad Princess: I catch him on my finger?
Lilypad Mom: No honey, we can't catch him on our fingers.
LP: (Remembering the bird exhibit at the aquarium and demonstrating) I put my finger out and the bird sits on my finger.
LM: Those were special birds. The ones in our backyard are just to look at, they don't sit on our fingers.
LP: The bird flies in backyard and I say "Hi Red Bird" he say "Hi Baby Lillian", I not baby Lillian, I big girl Lillian.

4 comments:

Jumpin J's Mom said...

She IS such a big girl!

Buby + Bleu said...

Haha. So funny!! Love when they refer to themselves in the 3rd person again.

allison said...

I love this. It's a complete conversation and it's so cute.

Alana Goldstein said...

This is my number 1 reason for blogging. To not forget moments and conversations like this. She is too cute and too funny!