Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Alder Smoked Salt


For my birthday, Jumpin' J and his mom and dad sent me a grinder of Salish, Alder Smoked Salt from Saltworks. It is a Pacific Sea Salt that is slow smoked over real alderwood, and a wonderful way to add authentic smoked flavor with no strange aftertaste. They recommend using it for cooking fish, chicken, steak or to top a creamy pasta dish.

My favorite use for it so far has been on my leftover steamed chicken and vegetables. I sprinked on a little bit of lime juice, then some of the salt. The smokiness of the salt and tartness of the lime juice made the perfect contrast and made a very healthy meal delicious. Actually now that I'm talking about it, I want it again! I've also tried it sprinkled on popcorn for a lot of flavor without all the calories of butter.

Thank you Jumpin' J and parents!

5 comments:

Jumpin J's Mom said...

You are very welcome! After our salt tasting breakfast it was an easy choice ;) Can't wait for the game!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, I am ordering that salt NOW! You make it sound irresistible and we all know I love salt too much. :-) Thanks for the idea J. and E. !

PS Wish I could come and babysit while you girls enjoy the game in Boston. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Ok, I am ordering that salt NOW! You make it sound irresistible and we all know I love salt too much. :-) Thanks for the idea J. and E. !

PS Wish I could come and babysit while you girls enjoy the game in Boston. Love, Mom

allison said...

Sounds so delicious. I haven't tried it before, but I think I would really like it.

Buby + Bleu said...

Love salt!