Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Room Reorganization


When we took the Christmas tree down last week, I decided it was time to reorganize the living room. Because we don't have a playroom yet, as Lilypad Princess has grown our living room seems to have shrunk. It was completely taken over by toys.

I decided to move the two chairs back against the wall, and put the couch across the room, splitting the room into 2 sections. Now the tv, chairs, bookcases and fireplace resemble a living room again, with just the books in the bookcase and her Anywhere chair in the space. Behind the couch has become her toy area. We can store the toys back there, out of sight after she goes to bed. And she has enough room to play back there, or she can bring them out one bucket at a time, making clean-up easier.

I still need to get some more buckets, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to put a small bookcase behind the couch to hold the buckets. But I'm much happier not feeling so overrun with toys all the time.

1 comment:

Alana Goldstein said...

Organizing the toys does feel so good!!! I have been doing that since Christmas and I still have to buy a book shelf too. Target has one I think I am going to buy and they have it in the store so we will not have to pay for shipping.