Monday, December 10, 2007

Old Friends

This is the time of the year I often stop to think of old friends that I have lost touch with and wonder how they are and what they are doing. Today I got back in touch with a friend that I was in Australia with. The contact with her made me think of some of the other friends I made in Australia, that I haven't talked to since my last trip there in 2000. So I decided to do a google search to see who I could find.

I wasn't able to find out much about the first person I searched for, although I know he was a Federal Agent and think he may have received a medal for his response to the Bali bombing (or there is another federal agent with the same name).

My second search was not only successful, but very surprising! Clint Paddison, one of the guys that I was good friends with is now a very successful comedian. While it doesn't surprise me in some ways, he could always make everyone laugh (I wish I had some pictures from Change of Sex night on the computer) I never expected him to make a career out of it. He was always so focused on his studies. He looks the same too, I wasn't sure if it was the right person until I saw the picture and there is no doubt. The clips took me right back to 1996, I definitely miss the accent.

You can see some of his comedy clips and commercials here.

1 comment:

allison said...

It's so funny that you wrote about old friends today. I received a phone call this morning from a friend (since junior school). I haven't spoken to her in years and she called to say hello. It made my day hearing from her and we spoke for almost an hour. I'm glad you're thinking of some old friends, too.