Thursday, November 15, 2007

Through the Slush and Snow

The 44 degree weather today has made me face facts, winter is really coming. So now it's time to start a hunt for some boots and a coat that I will actually want to wear. I should live in a warmer climate, I hate winter outerwear. I will go as long as I possibly can before putting on a coat, and it isn't unusual to see me trying to hop over snowdrifts and slush in my sneakers.

But Lilypad Princess likes to meander in her own sweet time these days, no rushing from the house to the car. And I know she's going to want to play in the snowdrifts, so I need to find something to keep me warm too. The new Lands End catalog came today, and so far I like these two. The boots look easy to pull on and pretty comfortable, I think I'm going to have to take a trip to Sears to see if I can try them on.

3 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

I just picked out a winter coat from them, too. It's the "just above the knee" length. I'm deciding between ivory and brown right now.

T with Honey said...

We just got our order from LL Bean yesterday. Our problem is that it's not quite cold enough and Princess want to wear her new coat AND the matching snow pants. I'm sure she'll be sick of them and longing for shorts by the end of April.

allison said...

Why don't you like coats and boots? You're funny. I don't mind coats, but I actually prefer down vests. I wear them over fleece if it's really cold, but usually it's enough to keep me warm. And I love, love, love hats and mittens. I have shoes from Lands End that are sort of like boots. I can look up the link for you, but I'm pretty sure you can find them in the catalog. Quilted with a zipper on top. Cute, easy, and fine for snow.