Thursday, June 24, 2010

Going Green with Cloth

Before Sunflower was born I decided to be more environmentally conscious this time around. The thought of cloth diapers and all the laundry they would generate was a little daunting so I decided to give gDiapers, an environmentally friendly hybrid a try.

With the gDiapers I realized that cloth isn't really that scary and decide to try real cloth full time (using the gdiaper disposable inserts when traveling, at the beach, etc.) I purchased my first cloth diapers yesterday, some unbleached Chinese prefolds and Thirsties covers. I have also been making my own cloth inserts for the gDiapers with a little serging help from Uncle Michael next door.

While checking out all the options at the store yesterday it was easy to see how cloth diapers can become addictive but difficult to find a place to start. A great way to try out some options to get started would be to win them. Maria at Fitteds and pockets and snappis, oh my! is giving away her three of her favorite cloth diapers. Maria was kind enough to contact me after I posted on another one of her blogs and offered me suggestions on getting started. I am really hoping to win her giveaway, but head on over to enter as well, and good luck!

1 comment:

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

So glad to hear you are using cloth! You have a cute blog! I am now following you!

Melissa